Researching POS systems for your business? Not sure what the real POS system benefits are? We have answers. Whether you run a restaurant, bakery, or retail store, POS systems provide critical services to any kind of business. Below we have a brief explanation on 10 POS system benefits that drive business efficiency.
- Improve customer service – Allow customers to move around freely in a restaurant without having to enter sales info at the same terminal. Ensure order accuracy and even make seat numbers possible for each seat, so waiters know who ordered each meal. Add mobile item entry at table or on sales floor. Accommodate special requests during order / sales entry. Easily access past orders for favorites and repeat purchases. Route order info to kitchen or various other serving stations throughout the establishment via networked printers. Support scales to weight items by volume or weight and automatically calculate the price. Support multiple languages. Reward loyal customers. Easily process returns and void sales.
- Provide sales staff with better tools to optimize workflows – Split and rearrange guests at tables. Provide option to enter sales items on floor or at table. Automatically deduct items from inventory or even ingredients for dishes. Often provide sandwich and pizza building options. Route order info to appropriate stations. Recall customer or account info. Offer discount tables. Run macros to program linked functions or processes.
- Security & controlling – Allow supervision of staff with CCTV. Count and track cash on hand during the day. Enforce drawer and POS system access. Track beverages with dispensers to reduce shrinkage / fraud.
- Increase checkout speed – Type in items with touch screen or instant access keys. Provide quick access to contents in categories or list of sales items. Easily provide access to payment options. Connect scanners to quickly enter items into a transaction. Print receipts quickly.
- Inventory tracking, automation, and reporting – Keep an eye on stock levels for you. Automatically deduct sold items or used ingredients. Provide cost analysis.
- Create a more mobile workforce – Support mobile devices and apps for table-side or sales floor order entry. Eliminates need to return to POS system.
- Automation of tasks – Deduct inventory, gather sales data, and subsequently provide sales reports per item or staff member. Calculates taxes and convert foreign currencies on receipts. Manage price levels per time of day. Automate discounts and coupons. Create time based backups. Utilize macros to initiate multi-key processes or link processes together. Share data in real-time across networked POS systems. Tabulate customer accounts. Export data at end of day to central servers.
- Branding – Make personalized receipts possible with contact info, logos, marketing messages, and graphics.
- Revenue management – Deploy loyalty systems to reward frequent buyers, manage pricing, support coupon campaigns, track bonus point systems, and furnish numerous discount options.
- Analytics – Gather all sales data to generate custom reports and export data to analytic systems for drill down analysis such as time, users, items, etc. Support remote polling.
POS system benefits to your business operations are real and not to be underestimated, when it comes to running your business at peak performance. Despite the initial investment, they quickly return their cost to you.